Saint Ambrose aims to help adults of all ages grow in their faith with the teachings of the Gospel and of the Holy Catholic Church. The study of scripture combined with the Catholic Church’s rich traditions creates a great learning environment for all who want to learn more about Jesus Christ. We invite all men and women within the parish to grow in the faith through study, discussion, prayer, and service.
Offerings include, but are not limited to:
- Book Club
- Marriage Enrichment Dinner
- Neighborhood Small Groups
- Potluck Sundays
- Religious Education: Men’s and Women’s Bible Study, speakers, and retreats
Programs will be announced in the bulletin and in the parish website. Registration forms and cost information will be available prior to each event. Interested in a specific program or event? Please let us know by contacting Patti Watkins at the contact information listed below.
“Train yourself for devotion, for, while physical training is of limited value, devotion is valuable in every respect, since it holds a promise of life both for the present and for the future.” -1 Timothy 5: 7-8
Small Group Ministry has begun at Saint Ambrose! What an exciting time!
We met for our Small Group Decision Night on Tuesday, January 18th to discuss Small Group options and begin registration. This has been a few years in the making! If you were unable to make it and are interested in joining a Small Group, please let us know! After spending time with your Small Group Feedback Forms, we found four common places of interest to begin with Small Groups: the Mass, the Bible, prayer, and apologetics (defending the faith). From there, we have researched and selected a few series options to start with in these categories. These are not meant to be restrictive choices, but are more meant to be a starting point or even a catapult for Small Group Ministry at our parish. From these first Small Groups may come a Grief Group, a Service Group, a Prayer Group for those who have fallen away from the faith, a Saints Prayer Group, and so forth – the options are endless. Come, Holy Spirit!
We plan to order your materials for you. You can see the cost of our options below. Here is where we will start:
- The Mass study with Bishop Barron (DVD and workbook series)
- 7 sessions
- Cost: $26
- The Lamb’s Supper with Scott Hahn (book and workbook study with free online videos)
- 12 chapters
- Cost: $25
- Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible (DVD and workbook series)
- 8 sessions
- Cost: $28
- How to Pray Like Mary (book and online video series)
- 6 sessions
- Cost: $25
Apologetics (defending the faith)
- Beginning Apologetics (online course with Jimmy Akin of Catholic Answers)
- 9 sessions with access to extra videos
- Cost: $35
Spiritual Classics Book Club
- The Story of a Soul by St. Therese of Lisieux (book with reflection questions)
- 11 chapters
- Cost: $20
When you complete this first series of your Small Group, you can then discern and decide if you would like to continue with that group (and what you together decide to focus on next) or find another Small Group.
Please contact Patti Watkins or Kathleen Dierberger with your availability and interest in Small Group Ministry and we will match you with a Small Group. Small Groups will begin in February and March. Come, Holy Spirit!
Contact: Patti Watkins @ [email protected]
Kathleen Dierberger @ [email protected]
We are pleased to give you a free subscription to formed.org. Entertaining movies, enlightening programs, inspiring talks, and a great selection of popular eBooks – all just a click away! It’s EASY and FREE to register!
- Visit formed.org with a web browser
- Click on Register (lower right of page)
- Enter Parish Access code: NKPJG6 (this is case sensitive)
- Enter your email and create a password (you need this to log in later)
- Enjoy and share with others in our local community!
For more information on upcoming Adult Formation programs, please contact:
Director of Faith Formation