Sacraments are prepared for and celebrated within the faith community in which families worship regardless of which school or Faith Formation program they participate in. Saint Ambrose sacramental preparation is both a classroom and family based program in which parent participation is required.
First Eucharist Requirements
- A full year in a Faith Formation program or Catholic school is required the year prior to participating in any Sacramental Programs.
- We begin the year with preparation for First Reconciliation followed by First Eucharist preparation in January.
- The First Reconciliation and First Eucharist programs are both a classroom and family based program in which parent participation is required.
- Large group parent meetings and parent/child events reinforce and enhance the lessons, and are required parts of each program for all participants. (One large group parent meeting and one retreat will be held for each sacrament.)
- Parents will be provided with materials to do sacrament preparation at home with their child for each sacrament.
First Eucharist preparation begins in January
Parents whose children are in grade 2 or older who have not participated in the sacrament of Eucharist and have completed preparation/reception of their First Reconciliation, will begin preparation for First Eucharist in January. Parents will receive a letter with information regarding the First Eucharist sacrament process in December. Celebration of the sacrament is during the Easter season.
For more information on our First Eucharist program, please contact:
Director of Faith Formation