Sacraments are prepared for and celebrated within the faith community in which families worship regardless of which school or faith formation program they participate in. Saint Ambrose sacramental preparation is both a classroom and family based program in which parent participation is required.
First Reconciliation Requirements
- A full year in a Faith Formation program or Catholic school is required the year prior to participating in any Sacramental Programs.
- We begin the year with preparation for First Reconciliation followed by First Eucharist preparation in January.
- The First Reconciliation and First Eucharist programs are both a classroom and family based program in which parent participation is required.
- Large group parent meetings and parent/child events reinforce and enhance the lessons, and are required parts of each program for all participants. (One large group parent meeting and one retreat will be held for each sacrament.)
- Parents will be provided with materials to do sacrament preparation at home with their child for each sacrament.
Please note that First Reconciliation preparation begins in September.
A letter with information regarding registration and the sacrament preparation process will be mailed in early August to all families who have children in grade 2 or older who have not participated in the sacrament of Reconciliation. Celebration of the sacrament will be held in late January & early February, 2021.
Parents of children preparing for their First Reconciliation were notified via email of the upcoming retreats and reception of the sacrament on either Saturday, January 30th or Saturday, February 6th. Please contact Patti Watkins at the number below if you did not receive this information.
For more information about our First Reconciliation program, please contact:
Director of Faith Formation