We are excited that Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) is continuing to grow here at Saint Ambrose! Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a Montessori-based method of sharing the beauty and knowledge of our Catholic faith, in which children encounter the love of the Good Shepherd through presentations on Scripture and liturgy, hands-on learning, and their personal work. This time with the Good Shepherd takes place in the Atrium, a special place of prayer, prepared and set for the children. The Atrium is full of many works including the model altar, where the children hear the names of the holy items used at Mass and observe how to set the altar; the Nativity story, in which the children listen to a Gospel passage of the Lord’s birth and then can work with it themselves; a map of the Land of Israel, the special place God chose for his only Son; and so much more!
“I am the Good Shepherd,
and I know mine
and mine know me.”
We currently offer Level I of CGS for children ages 3 – 6. If you plan to register your child, please do so soon. Our Atrium is filling up! Please reach out to Kathleen Dierberger with any questions or to take a tour of the Atrium.
- Offered weekly with the Early Childhood Caterpillar, Frog, Cub, Star, and Dolphin rooms
- Offered 2-3 times a month to our Saint Ambrose Kindergarten classes
- Sundays from 9:35 am – 10:50 am (FULL – registration closed!)
- Mondays from 2:00 pm – 3:25 pm (2 spots remaining!)
Help with CGS
- Become a catechist or sub
- Create or fix works (can include sewing, painting, woodwork, and claywork)
- Assist with CGS records
For more information regarding Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, please contact: