What can you do to help Woodbury Options for Women?
- Pray – We are blessed to have the Saint Ambrose ProLife Prayer Committee looking after us. The members include Sr. Doreen Charest, Kay Delaney, Winnie Lynott, Kathy Peterson-Dobler, Peggy White and Julie Dines (St. Rita’s).
- Volunteer – contact Woodbury Options @ 651-340-9062 or woodburyoptionsforwomen.com.
- Shop smile.amazon.com – It functions exactly as the regular Amazon.com portal. Select Woodbury Life Resource Center as your charity of choice, then shop like normal. A portion of all purchases will benefit Woodbury Options.
- Subscribe to charitymobile.com – The only ProLife mobile phone service provider. They provide service area coverage equivalent to Verizon. Their rates are lower than most and 5% of every subscriber’s monthly invoice is distributed to Woodbury Options.
Roe V. Wade – A Call to Pray
From the Saint Ambrose ProLife Committee
January 22nd will mark the 48th anniversary of the U. S. Supreme Court’s decision nullifying legal protection for unborn children nationwide. By a vote of 7 to 2, the justices ruled in favor of a woman’s right to choose. In writing for the majority, Justice Harry Blackman wrote “we need not resolve the difficult question when human life begins.”
Since then, over 62 million unborn babies have been killed nationwide and 660,000 in Minnesota. Twenty-five years ago, on December 15, 1995 the Minnesota Supreme Court ruled to require Minnesota tax payers to pay for elective abortions. Since then, taxpayers have funded 90,000 abortions at a cost exceeding $27 million.
Today, much more is known about a baby’s development. From the moment of conception, the living cells in the woman’s womb bear a unique, complete human DNA.
18 days from conception a baby’s heart is beating.
At 9 weeks it has fingerprints. At 12 weeks it starts to smile. At 14 weeks it starts to kick.
We must not overlook that while women have the legal right to choose legitimized by the Supreme Court, their choice is not easy and not without life changing consequences and pain.
While we are a nation divided over this divisive topic, the Catholic Church has stood fast that abortion
is intrinsically evil.
We ask that you devote January 22nd to being a special day of prayer —
· For the unborn.
· For healthy mothers and hope for families who have been affected by abortion in their lives.
· For all those involved in the abortion industry that their hearts be opened to the truth.
· For those participating in the March for Life at our state and our nation’s capitols.
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most Gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.